Inmarsat Government uses quality-controlled processes and procedures to ensure that we provide timely, high quality, reliable products and services to all of our customers regardless of their solution type, size, scope or complexity.
Quality Management System
We diligently maintain a focus on customer requirements and satisfaction throughout our Quality Management System (QMS) that meets the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard – the most rigid international certification for process qualifications. Our company regularly participates in external audits through The National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI), which verifies our registration as an ISO 9001:2008 company. We also rigorously document our quality processes, and our integrated incident management process allows us to rapidly, efficiently and effectively resolve network and customer reported incidents to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Our fully-documented QMS enables us to provide our customers with the desired product and service, through practices that consistently meet their needs and expectations, including:
- A fundamental commitment to meet customer requirements in our company’s Quality Policy
- Carefully defining specific customer requirements
- Capturing, monitoring and promptly addressing customer concerns
- Proactively seeking improvements to current policies and procedures
It also assures that we meet our organizational requirements, at an optimum cost with efficient use of the available resources – materials, human, technology and information. Our investments in quality management processes and procedures allow us to pass on numerous benefits to our customers—contributing to an overall lower cost of business. As a result of our ISO 9001:2008 registration, our provisioning standards allow us to implement consistently executed methods of work for rapid deployment. Benefits realized are a reduction in provisioning intervals as a result of automated standard processes and process reviews and improvements. Our Help Desk Policy Standards feature a proven methodology of performance metrics that help ensure our global network and our customer solutions are in a “green light” condition.
Other Benefits to Our Customers:
- Troubleshooting guidelines and procedures that feature a triage methodology of addressing issues, rapid restoration of system operations and increased reliability as operational support personnel avert troubles by responding to alarms according to established procedures.
- Operations standards that feature optimized utilization of MHz to provide the maximum practical Mbps throughput as engineers follow standard guidelines to monitor and fine tune end-to-end connectivity, as well as secure information exchange as operational support personnel monitor circuits for interference and anomalies.